The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering scholarship opportunities for international graduates to continue their education in Germany.
The program is designed to promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues. With the program, foreign students have the chance to pursue a postgraduate or continuing course of study.
In the field of international academic co-operation, DAAD is the most prominent German funding organisation. It provides a range of graduate and research scholarships to support German and international students to study in Germany.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2020
- University or Organization: DAAD
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s or postgraduate degree programme
- Award: A monthly payment of 850 euros, insurance, study allowance, and travel allowance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Applicant from all nationalities are eligible to apply
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award will be awarded for a postgraduate or continuing course of study in the field of music
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the field of music at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme; if this is not possible, they should have at least exhausted all the training options available for their instrument in their country of origin.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- Applicants in the field of music should have knowledge of the language of instruction that corresponds to the requirements of the chosen university at the latest by the time they start their scholarship.
- In this study program, candidates can complete a Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or a complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. Note: portal will open about 6 weeks before the application deadline
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit the following documents by post to the specified application address (some documents need to upload with the online application):
- Documents to Upload: A curriculum vitae, letter of motivation, degree certificate, proof of knowledge of the language of instruction (German or English), an overview of recorded pieces: www.daad.de/extrainfo, and letter of acceptance from the host university (If available).
- Documents to Post: Send work samples together with the printed “Cover sheet to application” of the “Application summary” generated online and the reference.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in English and German language.
DAAD will provide all the following study expenses:
- Monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family