DAAD is offering Study Scholarships for foreign graduates in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication, and Film. This is available to foreign students for the academic year 2020/2021.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
Exceptional Scholarships for Foreign Graduates.
User Review( votes)
They promote internationalization efforts at German universities, help developing countries build their own systems of higher education, and support German Studies and German language programs abroad. Their Artists-in-Berlin Program is one of the most renowned international programs for artists.
Applications Deadline: November 30, 2020
This is available for foreign students.
Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study program.
In this study program, you can complete
- A Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- A complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification at a state or state-recognized German university of your choice (not an undergraduate course).
This program only funds projects in the artistic and creative area. Other DAAD programs are available for applicants from the field of History of Art or Art Studies or for artists with a scientific project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send additional documents by post to the specified application address. Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this program is not available until the next application period. The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
- Language Requirements: Applicants in the fields of Fine Art, Film, Design, Visual Communication and Film should have a knowledge of the language of instruction which corresponds to the requirements of the chosen university at the latest by the time they start their study. If you do not yet have the language skills required by the university at the time of your application, your application should indicate the extent to which you are in a position to reach the required level.
- Supporting Documents: Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. DAAD’s Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded!
- Monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Under certain circumstances, holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family
To enable holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Award Letter language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period