The Western Sydney University, Sydney City Campus is proud to announce a $3,000 bursary to international students enrolling into an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
When you choose to study at Western Sydney University, you’re choosing an institution ranked amongst the top two per cent of universities in the world. Our high standard for academic excellence will prepare you for success, giving a global perspective to your studies – and more opportunity for the future.
- Applications Deadline: November 16, 2018
- Course Level: Bursaries are available for students enrolling into an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- Study Subject: This bursary applies to any undergraduate or postgraduate course available to study at the Sydney City Campus.
- Scholarship Award: Bursary valued at $3,000 will be awarded.
- Nationality: This bursary is available for students from South East Asia as well as North East Asia.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The bursary is an application to students residing in:
South East Asia: Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Mongolia, Cambodia, Philippines, Singapore
North Asia: Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To be eligible for the Bursary a student must:
- Be a new international student commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Western Sydney in 2019, for the first time
- Be a first-time applicant, applying for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate program after 20 August 2018
- Be an international student with a Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 500)
- Be a citizen of Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam
- Satisfy the academic and English requirement for the undergraduate or postgraduate degree you are applying to
- Accept your Admission Offer by the deadline below
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- Are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- Are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- Currently, have an existing offer for study in 2019 (any intake)
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Western Sydney University
- Area cross-institutional applicant
- Are an SIBT graduate
- Do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred
- Are awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University in 2019 (any intake).
- Have been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing
All amounts are quoted in Australian dollars.
English Language Requirements: Admission to Western Sydney University is competitive and is on the basis of academic merit. All undergraduate and postgraduate degrees have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with no band lower than 6.0 (or equivalent).
Students applying for the Postgraduate Qualifying Program who have an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no band lower than 5.5), or equivalent must study 10 weeks of Navitas English (EA3) at an additional cost.
How to Apply: No application is necessary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for a bursary. If you are successful, your bursary offer will be outlined in your Offer of Admission letter. Bursaries offered to students commencing study in 2019 are limited. Selection for each intake will be based on early acceptance by the published deadlines.