The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in partnership with the Nanjing Agricultural University (NAU), are offering a fully-funded postgraduate scholarship for South African students. These scholarships are open for individuals who wish to further their studies and pursue careers in Fishery Science.
The aim of the scholarship is to address the shortage of critical skills by inviting applications from eligible individuals in the Professional Masters Program who wish to further their studies and pursue careers in Fishery Science to apply for this 2017 DAFF-China Scholarship programme.
User Review( votes)
The mission of DAFF is to advance food security and agrarian transformation in the agricultural sector through innovative, inclusive and sustainable policies and programmes.
Applicants should have English as a 1st language or ideally an English proficiency test score (e.g. IELES, TOEFL, etc.).
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Fishery Science.
Scholarship Award: Those who are admitted will get the full scholarship provided by the Chinese Government and issued through China Scholarship Council (CSC). Included in the scholarship (subject to the adjustment of the Government) will be:
- Return economy air ticket to the People’s Republic of China
- Monthly maintenance stipend
- Sickness and accident insurance
- Accommodation (university residence)
Scholarship can be taken at: China
Eligibility: In order to apply for scholarship, applicants must follow the given criteria:
- Applicants should be from a fishery-related administration or extension department, university, college, institute, or business etc.
- In good health;
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Fishery, Biology, Environment, and related majors;
- English as a 1st language or ideally an English proficiency test score (e.g. IELES, TOEFL, etc.);
- Under the age of 40;
- Must be a South African citizen;
- Individuals with requisite credentials from previously disadvantaged groups will be given first preference.
Nationality: South African citizens can apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Fishery, Biology, Environment, and related majors.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
Supporting Material: The following documentation is needed to apply for the scholarship:
- Completed application form;
- Physical Examination Record for foreigners and Blood Test Report;
- According to China’s quarantine regulations foreign students who wish to study in China for longer than 6 months, should submit copies of their Physical Examination Record or Foreigner and Blood Test Report in duplicates;
- Applicants’ medical examinations should cover all the items in the Physical Examination Record and should be conducted at a public hospital with reliable testing facilities;
- Incomplete records or those without a sealed photograph of the applicant will be considered invalid;
- Since a completed physical record is effective only for six months from the date of examination, it is the applicant’s responsibility to decide when the next physical examination will be done;
- Upon enrolment, the applicants are expected to produce original copies of their medical records and blood test reports when they arrive in China;
- Applicants will be held responsible for any consequences which might occur as a result of submitting false medical results;
- Those without original copies or incomplete medical forms will be expected to take the medical examination again at their own expense.
- Highest diploma (Bachelor’s or equivalent) and academic record/transcript;
- Thesis Abstract, published research paper or research proposal (if any);
- Two recommendation letters (one should be from your current employer);
- A study or research plan was written in English with more than 500 words;
- Copies of English language proficiency test results (for applicants whose native language or medium of instruction is not English);
- Recently updated Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified copy of passport.
How to Apply: Applications can be sent by post or via email.
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is June 10, 2016.