The National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) is pleased to offer Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers. These are awarded to carry out work/research as a staff member in Korean universities and research laboratories.
The Postdoctoral Program for Foreign Researchers is designed to provide promising young foreign researchers with opportunities to improve their knowledge and experience in the fields of science and technology while also conducting research activities in Korean universities and research laboratories.
Wonderful Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers.
User Review( votes)
This program aims to expand Korea’s scientific cooperation in response to increasingly diversified requests from home and abroad, particularly in the area of human resources. These are awarded to carry out work/research as a staff member in an approved work program relevant to the applicant’s specialization under Korean advisors.
- Hold a Ph.D. degree and have some experiences in his/her field (science and technology).
- Be under the age of forty in the time for submitting the application.
- Be recommended by a nominating authority (Annex 3), in accordance with item 21 of the application form (Annex 1).
- These are available in the fields of Science and Technology.
- Hold an invitation letter from a Korean Advisor in order to be recommended by the nominating authority.
- Have a good command of spoken and written English (or Korean language).
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally.
- Citizens of Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, Senegal, Solomon Islands, Sudan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Vietnam can apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application must be submitted to NRF through the Korean host researcher through the online system. Any applicant not recommended by the nominating authority and a Korean host researcher will not be accepted.
- Supporting Documents: Each applicant must submit one signed copy of the Application Form to the Korean host researcher with the recommendation from the nominating authority.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree and have some experiences in his/her field (science and technology).
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a good command of spoken and written English or Korean language.
NRF provides recipients with the following allowances and expenses:
- A living allowance of 2,000,000 Won (Korean currency unit) per month. Taxes will be levied in this living allowance according to the Income Tax Law.
- Overseas travel accident insurance for the fellow covering medical treatment during their stay in Korea in accordance with local insurance company policy. Any expenses for medical treatment not covered by the policy must be borne by beneficiaries themselves.
- Round-trip aeroplane tickets for fellows only. Tickets will be issued by NRF and sent to applicants by PTA (prepaid ticket advice)). Aeroplane ticket is one-year valid only. Any expenses for change or delay is on beneficiaries themselves.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019.