Scholarship for Diploma, Bachelor, Masters, Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing at Waikato Institute of Technology in New Zealand -2012
Study Subject(s):Nursing, Midwifery
Course Level:Diploma, Bachelor, Masters, Postgraduate Diploma
Scholarship Provider: Waikato Institute of Technology
Scholarship can be taken at: New Zealand
User Review( votes)
1.Candidates for the Scholarship must be registered on the Tainui roll.
2. Each Scholarship holder shall be enrolled in one of the following Waikato Institute of Technology qualifications for 2012
3. Diploma of Enrolled Nursing Bachelor of Nursing Bachelor of Midwifery Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Master of Nursing
4. Candidates must complete the prescribed application form and must include the following:
– the official copy of the applicant’s current NCEA results or academic transcript; and
-A written statement of up to 100 words on how this Scholarship will assist the applicant in furthering their career, particularly in Maori Health.
– A current reference from a kaumatua,
-secondary school teacher or principal or an employer or community leader.
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
Scholarship Description: The Dame Te Atairangikaahu Nursing Scholarships were established in 2006 by the Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec) at Turangawaewae on the occasion of the conferment of Wintec’s Honorary Fellowship to Dame Te Atairangikaahu. The first Scholarship was awarded in 2007. The purpose of the Scholarship is to assist Tainui students to undertake full-time study, towards an undergraduate Nursing qualification, Midwifery degree, or a postgraduate nursing qualification (specified below) in the School of Health, Wintec. The Scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit, personal character and involvement in cultural and community life. A Scholarship will be awarded each year, at a maximum value of $5,000 per year. The tenure of each Scholarship is for three years for a degree, eighteen months for the diploma, or up to two years for a postgraduate qualification.
How to Apply: Post
Scholarship Application Deadline: 16th February 2012