Indian Oil Corporation Ltd is offering sports scholarships for upcoming sportspersons. Scholarship will be given to upcoming players between the ages of 14 to 19 years. The duration of sports scholarship shall be for a period of 3 years. There will be two categories of scholarship: ‘Elite Scholar’ and ‘Scholar’.
The objective of this scheme is to award IndianOil Sports Scholarships to promising young players with a view to encourage talent and create a pool of sportspersons from whom to select sport appointees to the Corporation.
A fine program for candidates
User Review( votes)
Indian Oil Corporation (IndianOil) is India’s largest commercial enterprise, with a sales turnover of Rs. 3,99,601 crore (US$ 61 billion) and profits of Rs. 10,399 crore (US$ 1,589 million) for the year 2015-16. IndianOil is ranked 161st among the world’s largest corporates (and first among Indian enterprises) in the prestigious Fortune ‘Global 500’ listing for the year 2016
Course Level: Scholarship will be given to upcoming players.
Study Subject(s): The sports scholarships will be awarded for following games: Cricket, Hockey, Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Kabaddi, Tennis, Billiards & Snooker, Golf, Carrom, Badminton, Chess, Archery, Boxing, Gymnastics, Shooting, Swimming, Wrestling, Table Tennis and Athletics.
Scholarship Award: Up to 19,000
Scholarship can be taken in India
- Age: Scholarship will be given to upcoming players between the ages of 14 to 19 years.
- Category: There will be two categories of scholarship: ‘Elite Scholar’ and ‘Scholar’
- Elite Scholar: Team Games – Representing country at junior or senior level. Individual Games – National ranking between 1 to 5 in Juniors or Sub-Juniors category or semi-finalist / Finalists of national championships.
- Scholar: Team Games – Representing country at junior or senior level
- Individual Games: National ranking between 6 to 15 in Juniors or Sub-Juniors category or quarter-finalist of national championships.
Nationality: Students of India can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is by post. The sportsperson should submit the application necessarily in the formats given on the website with all columns duly filled along with passport size photograph.
- The sports scholarship player will not be entitled to draw any other scholarship / financial aid/stipend from any other source whatsoever for sporting activity.
- There is no obligation on the part of IOC to give employment to the IndianOil Sports Scholars.
- Birth Certificates of shortlisted players shall be verified with originals at IOC’s designated offices on dates that will be informed to the shortlisted players subsequently. The players will be required to visit IOC’s designated offices at their own expense.
- In case the candidate has passed matriculation/SSC examination, the date of birth given in the matriculation certificate only shall be considered. In case the candidate has not passed his matriculation/SSC examination, a school leaving certificate or birth certificate issued by Municipality/Gram Panchayat will only be accepted as documentary evidence in support of date of birth.
- Birth Certificates submitted by the players will be referred by IOC to the issuing authority. If there is no response from the issuing authority within 6 months, the scholarship will be discontinued.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2018