If you are unable to cover the full cost of your studies in the UK, you can apply for the David Sainsbury International MSc Scholarships to secure tuition fees and living expenses support. The application process for this grant is open for the academic year 2023-2024.
The full tuition fee award is exclusively available to international entrants from the least-developed, low-income, or lower-middle-income country or territory. The award will be given towards the MSc in Global Plant Health programme.
Golden chance for international students to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The Sainsbury Laboratory is a research institute located at the Norwich Research Park in Norwich, Norfolk, England. It carries out fundamental biological research and technology development on aspects of plant disease, plant disease resistance, and microbial symbiosis in plants.
Why would you like to apply for this programme? The Sainsbury Laboratory is committed to the highest standard of fundamental and applied scientific research into molecular plant-microbe interactions and provides an outstanding training environment that prepares talented postgraduate students, postdoctoral scientists, and early career group leaders to excel in their careers.
Application Deadline: Students are requested to submit their applications before 30 June.
- University or Organization: The Sainsbury Laboratory
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Awards: Full cost of the tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake MSc in Global Plant Health at the Sainsbury Laboratory.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be a national of or domiciled in a least-developed, low-income, or lower-middle-income country or territory as defined by the Overseas Development Agency Development Assistance Committee.
- The applicants must be in receipt of an offer of a place on the UEA MSc in Global Plant Health.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Application for admission can be completed and submitted online. Students that have applied and been accepted in the MSc in Global Plant Health will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts
- Two references
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to have at least a 2:1 bachelor’s degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 67
The Sainsbury Laboratory will provide the full cost of the tuition fee (£31,000 for 2023/24), maintenance grant (for example £17,668 was awarded in 2022/23; the 2023/4 level will be clarified on the offer letter) and an additional £4,000 for travel costs (subject to valid economy class travel receipts), minus any other awards or scholarships you are in possession of. Payment of the fee will be made by TSL directly to UEA and no alternative/equivalent monetary payment will be made for this element of the Full MSc Scholarship to the selected students.