Davidson Next is offering free online course on AP® Macroeconomics. This course is specifically designed for blended learning in AP classrooms, but can also be used by AP students independently as supplementary help and exam review.
In this eighteen-week course, applicants will learn all material in the AP® Macroeconomics curriculum from highly regarded AP instructors and college professors.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 18 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Economics & Finance
Institution: Davidson Next and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Davidson Next is the product of a partnership among Davidson College, the College Board, edX, 2Revolutions, and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. In 2013, these institutions came together with the shared mission to create high-quality AP®-aligned materials that would be free to high school students and teachers around the world.
About This Course
Learn key concepts and AP® Macroeconomics material from top AP instructors, including many of the same high school teachers and college faculty who helped design the AP curriculum in partnership with the College Board.
Why Take This Course?
All topics are broken into bite-sized pieces—with short instructional videos, interactive graphs, and practice problems.
- Mastery of the AP® Macroeconomics curriculum
- Build confidence in the material as you learn key concepts from experienced AP® Macroeconomics teachers
- Build graphical intuition through interactive graphing
- Practice for your exam with graded exam-style questions (with explanations)
Dr. Clark Ross
Clark Ross has taught economics at Davidson College since 1979. For fifteen years, he served as the Dean of Faculty at Davidson (from 1998 to 2013).
Sally Meek is an AP® Macroeconomics teacher at Plano West Senior High School in Plano, Texas. She has been teaching AP® Macroeconomics for 17 years.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)