The University of Copenhagen and The Cosmic Dawn Center are jointly offering DAWN Fellowship at the Cosmic Dawn Center. Outstanding early-career scientists are invited to apply for the academic year 2022-2023.
Eligible candidates are those whose research will fall within DAWN’s research themes. The fellowship will be awarded to select students with a stipend and pension.
User Review( votes)
The University of Copenhagen is a higher education facility in Denmark that delivers globally leading teaching and research. It is a public research university, ranked 84th by the Times Higher Education 2021.
Why study at the University of Copenhagen? The University of Copenhagen enables its students to carry out research that covers a broad range of aspects in marine biology including microbiology and functional biology and addresses ecological issues. Students get to carry out their research individually under supervision.
Application Deadline: 19th November 2021
- University or Organization: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: DKK 420.040,76
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Denmark.
- Eligible Countries: Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral study in high-redshift galaxy evolution, reionization and evolution of the IGM, first stars and galaxies, dust and ISM in the early universe, 21cm cosmology, and dark matter at the University of Copenhagen can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must submit their applications in English online.
- The applicants must complete and submit their fellowship applications by the deadline for full consideration.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants need to apply through the online platform of the university. Applications for the fellowship must be submitted here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research plan – maximum 3 pages including figures and references, description of current and future research plans
- Publication list
- Cover letter – maximum 1 page, describing your motivation for applying to DAWN
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of up to 3 people who could be contacted for references and, if applicable, a description of career breaks
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree, if applicable, or equivalent – a letter from your university explaining you have completed requirements for these degrees and are in the final year of a PhD is fine)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a relevant master’s or PhD degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- CPE/CAE – Passed
- TOEFL IBT –83
The selected students will b given a full-time position for 3 years at the Cosmic Dawn Center in Sweden with a stipend of DKK 420.040,76 including annual supplement and pension up to DKK 71.826,97.