The University of Washington is looking for a candidate who wishes to research containerizing specialized bioinformatic pipelines at the Bacterial Special Pathogens Branch (BSPB). Applications for the CDC Data Scientist Fellowship are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The CDC Data Scientist Fellowship at the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education published on the University of Washington portal is a research and training opportunity. Candidates interested in participating in data management, bioinformatic pipeline development, analysis, and visualization projects related to genomic and metagenomic data for bacterial pathogens are eligible to be selected for this fellowship.
User Review( votes)
The selected candidates will be appointed full-time for one year in the designated fellow position. They will be provided a monthly stipend commensurate with their educational level and experience. They will also be allowed to collaborate with MicrobeNet.
The University of Washington is a public research university in Seattle, Washington, founded in 1861. The UW is one of the world’s preeminent public universities, ranking 59th among National Universities. The primary mission of the University of Washington is the preservation, advancement, and dissemination of knowledge.
Why choose to study at the University of Washington? The University of Washington recruits the best, most diverse, and innovative faculty and staff from around the world, encouraging a vibrant intellectual community for its students. It also educates a diverse student body to become responsible global citizens and future leaders through a challenging learning environment informed by cutting-edge scholarship.
Application Deadline: 19th September 2022 is the last date to submit applications.
- University or Organization: University of Washington
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Home or International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All international and home country national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicant must apply for the CDC Data Scientist Fellow position at the Bacterial Special Pathogens Branch (BSPB).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR), and foreign nationals.
- The applicants must have preferred skills such as proficiency in Linux, Bash, and Python scripting, experience with package managers and compiling from source, communication skills, a desire to learn and grow, etc.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must submit their applications online portal. Interested applicants must contact [email protected] for further application-related queries.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must provide academic qualification proof, i.e., a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Bioinformatics or similar, and other documents like a resume and cover letter if required.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the relevant fields (e.g., Bioinformatics) or be currently pursuing one of the degrees with completion by the end of September 30, 2022.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have good communication skills, typically in English. Therefore, applicants must provide the necessary documents to prove the same.
The successfully selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend commensurate with their educational level and experience for one year, collaboration opportunities, etc.