The Maynooth University Department of Computer Science is inviting applicants for Ph.D. Studentship in Computer Vision for Autonomous Vehicles. International students are eligible to apply for this studentship program.
The National University of Ireland, Maynooth, commonly known as Maynooth University, is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland.
A fine educational program for students
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Applications Deadline: Check back next year
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue a PhD program.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the field of Computer Vision for Autonomous Vehicles. The topic of the Ph.D. is robust data-association in multi-session and collaborative simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM).
- Scholarship Award: The position is fully funded for 4 years.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship program.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship program.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The successful candidate must have: –
- A Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or a cognate discipline, with a final grade of 2.1H or higher (or equivalent)
- Prior modules completed in a selection of the following topics: computer vision, robotics,
- AI/machine learning
- A strong mathematical background
- Excellent software development and programming skills, with a strong capability in C++
- Experience in working with Linux based systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience in the following is also desirable:
- Application of computer vision/ robotics/machine learning to real-world problems (e.g. through previous projects, internships, etc.)
- Python, Open CV, the Robotics Operating System (ROS), Deep Learning Frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.)
- How to Apply: Applications including a cover letter, full CV, and contact details of two academic referees should be sent to Dr. John McDonald (John.McDonald-at-mu.ie) with the subject line “LERO Ph.D. 08/18”.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.