The Australian Government is inviting applications for the Destination Australia Program to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education.
The purpose of the program is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia and provide them with a high-quality learning experience.
Excellent opportunity for both international and domestic students to study in regional Australia.
User Review( votes)
The Department of Education and Training is the department of the Government of Australia. It provides career offers in a department that carries together people, policies and programs. The department is committed to reconciliation and supports workplace diversity.
Why at the Destination Australia Program? The Destination Australia Program has officially launched by the Hon Dan Tehan MP, Minister for Education. The program will enhance regional and remote Australian education institutions through encouraging activities that contribute to growth and sustainability.
Application Deadline: Thursday 12 September 2019.
- Provided By: Australian Government
- Department: Department of Education and Training
- Course Level: A Certificate IV through to PhD
- Award: $15,000 per student
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Over 1,000 grants
- Nationality: Australian and Overseas
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications will be accepted form all around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award will be awarded for those students who undertake a Certificate IV through to PhD.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this grant opportunity, applicants must be Australian and international students who live and study in regional Australia.
- Applicants must be an Australian tertiary education provider with an active registration who meets the following criteria:
As domestic students, you must be:
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA), or the Western Australian Training Accreditation Council (WA TAC).
You must have a registration status of Current or Current (Re-registration pending) at the time the grant opportunity opens. Or
- A higher education provider registered with the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA).
You must have a registration status of Registered or Ongoing pending renewal at the time the grant opportunity opens.
As international students, you must be:
- A tertiary provider registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- You must have a registration status of Registered at the time the grant opportunity opens.
How to Apply
- To Apply: The application form is an online form and must be submitted electronically. Applicants must complete the online application form on GrantConnect or Community Grants Hub.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants will be required to provide your relevant registration ID within the application form.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have English language proficiency.
The Australia Government has announced a total of $93.7 million (GST exclusive) over four years for the Destination Australia Program. Under the 2020 grant opportunity, there is approximate:
- $19.5 million in funding available during 2019-2020
- $19.5 million in funding available during 2020-2021
- $19.5 million in funding available during 2021-2022
- $19.5 million in funding available during 2022-2023.
The program will award $15,000 award funding and $1,500 in promotional and administration assistance per year to each winning candidates.