DesignSingapore is offering six undergraduate or postgraduate placements to students and industry professionals at reputable local or overseas institutions. Singapore citizens are eligible to apply for this application programme.
The aim of DesignSingapore scholarship is to help develop Singapore into Asia’s leading hub for design excellence.
User Review( votes)
Developing the design sector, an important part of the creative industry, can help to enhance Singapore’s value proposition; as well as contribute to the country’s economic growth and social progress. The vision of the DesignSingapore Council is for design to differentiate Singapore from global competition.
Applicants will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements as per the specific country to study there.
Course Level: This scholarship is open to students and industry professionals who want to pursue a full-time (undergraduate or postgraduate) design studies at reputable local or overseas institutions.
Study Subject: The design-related degree must be a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a reputable local or overseas institution.
- Preferred fields of study: Design Management; Digital Design (Data Visualisation, Design Informatics, Interaction Design/User Experience Design); Service Design/Experience Design.
- Other fields of study that are considered: Architecture; Fashion Design; Industrial Design; Interior Design; Landscape Design; Urban Design and Visual Communications.
Award: The DesignSingapore Scholarship covers full tuition fees only for the complete course of study. The scholarship does not provide allowance for travel, accommodation and other daily expenses.
The award can be taken at Local or overseas institutions
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have completed National Service (for male applicants).
- Have successfully gained admission to a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate design-related course in a reputable Singapore or overseas institution.
- Applicants who are applying for postgraduate studies and with at least 2 years of professional working experience would have an advantage.
Nationality: Singapore citizens are eligible to apply for this application programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed National Service (for male applicants) and have successfully gained admission to a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate design-related course in a reputable Singapore or overseas institution.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of Application is online and applicants can also submit their application by post or in person.
Applicants have to submit the following documents along with online application:
- Please upload the following documents with your online application:
- Soft copy of your portfolio in PDF format (file size less than 5MB)
- Academic results and awards
- Curriculum vitae
- 1,000-word essay of your personal perspective on design and how you hope to contribute to Singapore’s design industry upon graduation
Applicants hard copy submission must include the following documents:
- Printed copy of the online application form
- Certified true copies of relevant academic records and/or transcripts (photocopies of the original must be endorsed by your school or a notary public – please refer to FAQ Q12)
- Copy of letter of admission to institution (with proposed course of study)
- Printed copy of information on proposed course of study
- Printed copy of your curriculum vitae and/or record of activities (including participation in exhibitions, competitions, design activities, awards and accomplishments)
- Letters of recommendation from two referees (referees cannot be immediate relatives of the applicant). Referees are requested to enclose the letter, seal it in an envelope, and sign across the envelope seal
- Printed copy of your portfolio and/or samples of your works (development sketches and best works), as well as a softcopy (pdf) saved in a CD
- Printed copy of 1,000-word essay of your personal perspective on design and how you hope to contribute to Singapore’s design industry upon graduation
- Other relevant supporting documents.
Application Deadline: application deadline is April 10, 2017.