The University of Nottingham is pleased to announce the 2023/24 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship to encourage global students to pursue full-time postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom.
The funding opportunities are open for international students from African, South Asian, and other selected Commonwealth countries who want to make a difference in developing key economic, environmental, structural, social, or political structures in their home country.
Worthy offer to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom is a pioneering institution. Founded in 1881 as University College Nottingham in Nottingham, it is the fifth-largest university in the UK. It comprises many schools and departments organized into five faculties.
Why study at the University of Nottingham? Getting a degree from the University of Nottingham boosts your employability and kick-starts your career. Its careers and Employability Service offers support for finding jobs, internships, and placements. It is known for its high-quality teaching, ranked among the best in the UK.
Application Deadline: Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are due 17 May 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom
- Department: Faculty of Engineering; Medicine and Health Sciences; Science; Social Sciences
- Course Level: Master
- Award: 50-100% of the tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Africa, India, or one of the selected Commonwealth countries: Africa (all nations), Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a master’s degree in the following:
- Faculty of Engineering,
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be domiciled in Africa, India, or one of the selected Commonwealth countries
- be classed as an overseas student for fee purposes
- hold an offer to start a full-time master’s (including MRes) at the University of Nottingham UK, studying in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Faculty of Science, or Faculty of Social Sciences
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for a full-time master’s (including MRes) at the University of Nottingham before applying for Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship.
- When applicants have received their offer to study at Nottingham, UK, they can apply through the scholarships section of an application system, NottinghamHub.
- If applicants have an offer for an MRes course, email the scholarships team at [email protected] for instructions on how to apply.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents:
- Official academic transcripts.
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (83-86%)
- Personal statement.
- 2 LORs for the UK.
- Statement of finances.
- Valid passport.
- English proficiency test score. IELTS: 6.0 (5.5 in each section) TOEFL iBT: 79 (17 in writing and listening, 18 in reading, and 20 in speaking)
- Admission Requirements: All eligible applicants are required to meet admission criteria to study at the University of Nottingham, UK.
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t your first language, studying in the UK can be very challenging. Applicants must meet the English language requirements before starting an application to study in the UK.
The University of Nottingham is offering scholarships covering 50% or 100% of full-time master’s tuition fees. These one-year scholarships support innovative and passionate students who can successfully demonstrate their ingenuity in developing solutions that will impact their home countries and incite change.