Applications are requested from suitably qualified Zambian nationals under the Russian Government Scholarship Scheme for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Funding opportunities are available for Zambian students taking admission for undergraduate, master, or PhD studies at Russian universities.
Nice offer for Zambian students.
User Review( votes)
Russian government exercises executive power in the Russian Federation. It is also using legislative measures to suppress opposition voices. Russia is a highly accomplished country with a long educational tradition.
Why study at in Russian university? Its universities have spawned several great minds, among them several notable Nobel Prize winners. Studying in Russia allows students to learn a wide variety of interesting subjects, and they will have top-class degrees recognized worldwide.
Application Deadline: Friday, 10th March 2023.
- University or Organization: Russian Government
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Master, and PhD
- Award: Vary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 135
- Nationality: Zambian
- The award can be taken in Russia
- Eligible Countries: Zambia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The Scholarship will be awarded for undergraduate, master, and PhD studies.
- Undergraduates in the following fields of study: Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Software and Administration of Information Systems, Mathematics, and Computer Science,
- Architecture, Construction (Civil Engineering), Electrical Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Water Consumption, Mechanical Engineering, General Medicine, Pharmacy, Agronomy, Agro-engineering, Biotechnology, Nuclear Power and Thermal Physics, Nuclear Physics, and Technologies and Economics.
- Masters in the following fields of study: Railway Engineering, Finance and Credit, Economics, Cardiology, Infectious diseases, Information Security, Information Science and Computer Engineering, Energy conservative and Resource Saving Processes in Chemical Technology, Petro-chemistry and Biotechnology, Nuclear Physics and Technology, Nuclear Power and Thermal Physics, Aquatic Bio-Resources and Aquaculture, Environmental Engineering and Water Consumption and Civil Engineering (Construction).
- PhD in Nuclear Power Plant, Fuel Cycle and Radiation Safety
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Undergraduate Applicants: a) Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, B) Have Grades 1-3 in English, Mathematics, and subjects relevant to the intended field of study. C) Have Pure Sciences if applying for General Medicine, Nuclear Physics, and all Engineering programs. D) Be of the maximum age of 24 years by September 2023.
- Master’s Applicants: a) Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree, preferably obtained from Russia. B) Be of the maximum age of 34 years by September 2023. C) Should have graduated at least two years before the time of applying
- PhD Applicants: a) Hold a relevant master’s degree (Preferably obtained from Russia), b) Be of maximum age 39 years by September 2023
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All candidates applying for the scholarship are mandated to sign –up for the user account (student portal) and make an online application for the scholarship on the official website of Rossotrudnichestvo: https://education-in-russia.com/
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents:
- A typed application letter responding to the advertisement, clearly stating the desired field of study, age, and phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Transcript/Statement of Results, NRC, and photocopy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport;
- A study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words for undergraduates and 400 words for Masters and PhD applicants)
- Employer’s Recommendation letter states they would be granted leave to take up offers if selected for those in employment (Master and PhD).
- Admission Requirements: As an international student studying at the undergraduate level, you must meet academic entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: Duration depends on the program to be pursued. However, all programs include one (1) year of Russian language (5 to 7 years for Undergraduates and 2 to 3 years for Masters and PhD).
The Russian government will provide 135 scholarships for Zambian nationals as the following:
- One hundred and ten (110) scholarships for Undergraduates
- Twenty- Four (24) scholarships for Masters
- One scholarship for a PhD