The University of Queensland is offering Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Excellence Scholarships for the academic year 2020-21.
These are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme. The purpose of the program is to encourage and assist first-year students in studying information and communications technology.
Perfect choice for University of Queensland’s students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Queensland is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. UQ is one of Australia’s oldest and most selective universities, consistently ranked among the top in global rankings.
Application deadline: February 17, 2020
An applicant is eligible for the opportunity , if –
- the applicant submits an application for the opportunity to the Head
- a domestic student in accordance with The University’s Fee Policy
- an international student who has completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia
- in the two years immediately before the award, the applicant completed Year 12 (or overseas equivalent)
- the applicant enrols in a Relevant Program and, where applicable, in one of the Relevant Fields, in the year of the award, or after an approved deferment of one year
- the applicant does not hold a scholarship that the Head deems similar.
- Approved Program means any of the following programs at The University of Queensland –
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) / Master of Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- and includes a dual program which includes any of the above programs.
- Relevant Field means any of the following fields in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) programs –
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical and Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering; or
- Software Engineering.
- How to Apply: Firstly, you have to apply for admission to the degree coursework at the university. After being enrolled, you have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, pupils must be ready to submit the scanned copies must be submitted online; education recipients may be asked to provide certified copies of their documents on enrolment.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test, achieving a GPA of at least 5 for their first semester of study.
- Language Requirement: In order to gain entry to an academic program at UQ, applicants will have to demonstrate they have the appropriate level of English language skills.
- Benefit: Award amount of this free study is $3,000.