Applications are invited for Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships for 2017-2018 academic year. These fellowships are open to promising leaders from developing countries to pursue doctoral studies at UBC.
The University of British Columbia is offering Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships for 2017-2018 academic year. Applicants must be a citizen of a developing country.
User Review( votes)
The fellowships are to support international students showing outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country.
As one of the world’s leading universities, the University of British Columbia creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada, and the world.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Award: Fellowships of $18,200 per year plus tuition for four years will be awarded.
Number of Awards: Two new fellowships will be offered each year.
The award can be taken in Canada
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Hold a study permit at the beginning of the fellowship funding period
- Be a citizen of a developing country at the time of application for admission
- Have shown outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country
- Be starting a PhD or DMA program at the UBC Vancouver campus in January 2017, May 2017, or September 2017
- Be starting their first doctoral degree
- Students with external funding (external positions, third-party sponsorship, etc.) are eligible to apply, but if successful, recipients will have their Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship funding reduced by the amount of their external funding
Nationality: Applicants must be a citizen of a developing country (see the list of developing countries).
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be starting a PhD or DMA program at the UBC Vancouver campus in January 2017, May 2017, or September 2017.
English language Requirements: Applicants must meet the English Language Requirements at the University of British Columbia.
How to Apply: A complete application package consists of:
- Completed and signed Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship application form.
- Academic records for all university-level studies (including studies undertaken but not completed) up to 31 December 2016. For institutions other than UBC, only official transcripts will be accepted. These may be original or certified true copies provided by the applicant’s graduate program. For UBC, the applicant’s “Academic History” printed from the SISC by the applicant’s graduate program will be accepted. Please note that students must request certified true copies of transcripts from their graduate program, not from the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. If only unofficial admission transcripts are available, they will be accepted.
- Two letters of reference. Letters of reference provided with student’s application for admission will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Check with the graduate program (likely February 2017); Graduate program nomination deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017.