A doctoral research fellowship within the field of Museum and Cultural Heritage studies is available at the Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages (IKOS), University of Oslo.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
User Review( votes)
A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests.
Course Level: Fellowship is provided for the doctoral programme at the University of Oslo
Study Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Museum and Cultural Heritage Studies at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Award: They offer:
- Salary level per year NOK 432 700 – 489 300, depending on level of expertise
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits
The award can be taken in Norway
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in museum studies, cultural heritage studies, cultural history, indigenous studies, anthropology, or other relevant area. The Master’s Degree must have been obtained by the time of application.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on:
- The project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- The applicant’s academic and personal qualifications (including the necessary linguistic skills to conduct field research)
- The applicant’s estimated academic and personal ability to complete the project within the time frame
- The applicant’s ability to complete research training
- Good collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic communities
Applicants who have recently graduated with excellent results may be given preference.
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: A Master’s Degree or equivalent in museum studies, cultural heritage studies, cultural history, indigenous studies, anthropology, or other relevant area.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests.
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- Application letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and motivation for the position
- Curriculum Vitae (complete list of education, positions, teaching experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activities, including a complete list of publications)
- Transcript of records of your Master’s degree. Applicants with education from a foreign university are advised to attach an explanation of their university’s grading system
- Project description, including a detailed progress plan for the project (3 – 5 pages, see Template for project descriptions)
Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Educational certificates, master theses and the like are not to be submitted with the application, but applicants may be asked to submit such information or works later.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 3, 2017.