Getting an educational fund to take away all your financial concerns. Therefore for helping students, Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences is delighted to offer its Doctoral Researcher Positions.
The programme will focus on investigating the interactions between individuals and their social environment, providing a platform for early-career researchers from various social science disciplines to study the self’s embeddedness in diverse social systems, ranging in complexity and dynamically changing over time.
Amazing opportunity for researchers in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) is a graduate school of the University of Bremen and Jacobs University Bremen is operated jointly, and as part of the Excellence Initiative of the federal and the country is encouraged to promote science and research.
Why study at Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences? They believe that diverse backgrounds and ideas are crucial to academic excellence and therefore welcomes and promotes diversity and aims at mutual respect and the inclusion of all of its members regardless of their ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
- University or Organization: Jacobs University Bremen/University of Bremen
- Department: Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: Seven
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Worldwide
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Research in the following subjects:
- Cultures of honor
- Intergenerational identity development
- Self-efficacy, health and well-being
- Conflict between family and work roles
- Social participation and (early) retirement
- Individualization and social morality
- Collective identities in transition
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Candidates with strong academic abilities and a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology, sociology, or political science.
- Potential candidates with a degree in related disciplines are also welcome.
- Applicants have to demonstrate a broad thematic fit between the dissertation proposal and the outlined project lines.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to apply for this programme, students have to take admission in the research degree programme at the school. For further information, contact their Admissions Officer at [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Candidates have to submit the following:
- Personal Information form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Preliminary Dissertation Proposal
- One-page Proposal Abstract
- Statement of Purpose
- Statement of Skills and Experience with Methods of Empirical Social Research MA/BA/Diplom/Magister Certificates
- University Grade Transcripts
- Two Recent Letters of Recommendation
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have an excellent MA degree (or national equivalents) in Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, or related social science disciplines e.g. Law, Economics or Mass Communication.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have to demonstrate the English proficiency by the following test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, CAE/CPE (Cambridge Exams)
Benefits: Each successful scholar will get a salary at Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences.