Empower your practical skills by applying for the Doctoral Researcher Scholarships at Jena School for Microbial Communication.
The programme aims to support research students who want to conduct research in the area of Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics.
Nice opportunity for students in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The University of Jena, officially the Friedrich Schiller University Jena is a public research university located in Jena, Thuringia, Germany. It was established in 1558 and is counted among the ten oldest universities in Germany.
Why study at Jena School for Microbial Communication? Excellent support and student services facilitate a successful, enjoyable study period. The International Office cooperates with many university institutions such as the Language Centre, the Sports Centre and the Writing Centre.
Application Deadline: December 3, 2020
- University or Organization: Jena School for Microbial Communication
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Germany
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Research degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Desirable methodological skills: Mathematical modelling of biological systems, basics in computer programming, cooperation with experimentalists.
- Highly motivated individuals with an interest in joining one of the interdisciplinary research areas of the Microverse Cluster
- The ability to work creatively and independently towards developing your own research project
- An integrative and cooperative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in the dynamic Microverse community
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this funding opportunity, applicants are required to take part in a research degree at Jena School for Microbial Communication. After that, they can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Students have to submit academic transcripts, copy of national ID card,
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have the following:
- MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in Bioinformatics, Systems Biology, Computer Science, Microbiology, Theoretical Ecology or related disciplines.
- Candidates in the final stages of obtaining their doctorate are also eligible to apply
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A highly communicative atmosphere within an energetic scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- A comprehensive mentoring program and soft skill courses for early career researchers
- Jena – City of Science: a young and lively town with a vibrant local cultural agenda
- The full-time two-year postdoctoral researcher position (100% TV-L E13) or three and a half year doctoral researcher (65% TV-L E13) will be funded through the Excellence Strategy of the German federal and state governments. The Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer and part-time contracts can be discussed. Disabled persons with comparable qualifications will receive preferential status.