Applications are invited from suitably qualified non-South African students to study full time towards a doctoral degree in the humanities and social sciences at South African public universities.
The aim of the Programme is in line with the mandates of the Institute and Council to promote and facilitate research in the humanities and social sciences as well as to explore new vistas in pan-African education.
Exceptional Doctoral Scholarships for non-South African Students.
User Review( votes)
The National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS) has partnered with the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) to develop the African Pathways Programme through doctoral scholarships.
- Only non-South African citizens (based in any African country) from designated groups, with a preference for women.
- These are awarded in the field of humanities and social sciences.
- These are available for pursuing a full-time doctoral program at South African public universities.
- Not older than 45 years old at the time of the application.
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree, or entering the first year of Ph.D./doctoral study following an upgrade from a Master’s registration, or registered for Ph.D. study in the first year of enrolment.
- Non-South African citizens (based in any African country) can apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, every applicant must submit an application to the University of Otago by the specified closing date.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Letter of confirmation from, A motivation letter, A certified copy of full academic transcript/s, A certified copy of the passport,Two letters of recommendation from,Sample copies of your best writing, e.g. a chapter from your Master’s study or any published academic work, A research proposal outlining the problem statement, methodology, feasibility of your study, Online application form.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Benefit: The value of the award is R132 000 per annum, tenable for three (3) years.
Application Deadline: Closed