All highly talented and motivated students are invited to apply for the Doctoral Student Positions in Optics and Photonics at Aalto University. The program is designed for the academic session 2022/2023.
The position design will be based on numerical calculation methods, such as the Finite Element Method and Finite difference time domain method. The samples will be fabricated using the clean room facilities of Aalto University and tested using the equipment of the optics and photonics group.
Amazing opportunity for applicants in Finland.
User Review( votes)
Aalto University is a public research university located in Espoo, Finland. It was established in 2010 as a merger of three major Finnish universities. The university is composed of six schools with close to 17,500 students and 4,000 staff members, making it Finland’s second largest university. The main campus of Aalto University is located in Otaniemi, Espoo. Its mission is to build an innovative society where breakthrough discoveries deeply integrated with design and business thinking enable systemic solutions and accelerate innovation.
Why choose to study at Aalto University? At Aalto University, you can complete bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and all fields of study have their doctoral programs. The university’s campus is in Otaniemi, Espoo. Aalto University is ranked #275 in Best Global Universities.
Application Deadline: Application Submit through our recruitment system by 15 September.2022.
- University or Organization: Aalto University
- Department: Department of Applied Physics
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: 2500 €/month
- Number of Awards:
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Finland
- Eligible Countries: Germany and USA
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree in Optics and Photonics offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You will be a researcher in this position, working on designing, fabricating, and testing plasmonic-photonic nanostructures. The design will be based on numerical calculation methods, such as the Finite Element Method (FEM) and Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD). The samples will be fabricated using the clean room facilities of Aalto University and tested using the equipment of the Optics and Photonics group. We expect you to be able to generate good scientific ideas, propose new technological solutions, initiate and maintain scientific collaboration, write scientific articles and research proposals, and participate in teaching. We expect you to graduate as a Doctor of Science in four years.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to join our community, To apply for the position, please submit your application, including the attachments mentioned below, as one single PDF document in English through the link’ Apply now.’The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. For additional information, kindly contact Dr. Andriy Shevchenko ([email protected]).
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Degree certificates and academic transcripts
- Contact details of at least two referees
- Admission Requirements: Candidate to hold an MSc degree in physics and be familiar with standard numerical calculation techniques. Preference will be given to candidates with a good understanding of basic optics and photonics and experience designing and conducting optical experiments.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
The selected students will be provided approximately 2500 €/month (gross), increasing as you progress in your research and studies. The total duration of Ph.D. studies is four years. The contract includes Aalto University occupational healthcare.