Applications are invited for the J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships for 2017 academic year. These Tata programs are awarded to Indian students for postgraduate studies abroad in all disciplines.
The JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians has been helping Indian applicants since 1892 with a loan for higher studies. People consider it a matter of great pride to be called a ‘JN Tata Scholar’. There are now more than 4,800 JN Tata Scholars all over the world.
Excellent opportunity for Indian Students.
User Review( votes)
It was set up in 1892 by Jamsetji Tata, Founder of the Tata group, to encourage young people to take up higher studies at some of the best universities in the world. It is the first Tata benefaction in the field of education, and possibly the first of its kind in the world.
Application Deadline: Closed
- The program can be taken in Abroad and India.
- Subjects are available for pursuing higher education in all areas and fields of study, with newly emerging fields of relevance to the country.
The eligibility criteria are:
- Only Indian nationals are eligible, Graduates from a recognized Indian University, with a consistently good academic record.
- Learners in the final year of a degree course and those awaiting final-year results. Academicians and other mid-career professionals, up to the age of 45 years, with experience in their fields, who wish to go abroad for further specialized training.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, all applications have to be submitted online.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students need to submit the application form accompanied by a soft copy of a statement of purpose (not more than 800 words) and a scanned copy of a recommendation letter specifically addressed to the Trustees of the J. N. Tata Endowment on the respective letterhead with full address, telephone, and mobile numbers.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score is extremely important for those applying overseas. If candidates have received a low GRE score.
- Language Requirement: The English language is required for the opportunity .
The loan amount between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/ awarded to each scholar is determined by the norms laid down for the purpose and does not cover the full cost of studies. A gift can amount to a maximum of Rs.7,50,000/-