The Flemish Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Belgium is offering 10 PhD scholarships in Life Sciences. The VIB International PhD. Program is aimed towards all non-Belgians, currently not living in Belgium.
These are available for pursuing a PhD degree program. VIB mission is to conduct frontline biomolecular research in life sciences for the benefit of scientific progress and the benefit of society.
Fantastic Ph.D. Program in Life Sciences.
User Review( votes)
Created in Belgium in 1995 at the initiative of the Flemish government, VIB (Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie) is a unique example of a non-profit support structure for a particular scientific domain working towards both excellence in research and transformation of the results of such research into economic growth.
- Nationality: The VIB International PhD. Program is aimed towards all non-Belgians, currently not living in Belgium.
- These are provided in the field of Life Sciences.
- University degrees: Candidates should hold a university degree, or satisfy equivalent requirements, which is sufficient to start a doctoral program at a Flemish university. This means that applicants must hold a 5-year University degree, or equivalent, in life sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biotechnology), physics, engineering, chemistry, or related fields.
- If you take the GRE-test specifically to enter our PhD Program, please use the GRE codes of the University of Antwerp, Brussels, Leuven or Ghent. VIB will not reply to inquiries regarding the GRE.
- Age: Applicants are preferentially not older than 28 years at the application deadline.
- Language: English is used in all VIB laboratories for scientific communication. Therefore, candidates must have an excellent command of English. A language test for English, such as the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is not necessary for the application, but should you have TOEFL test results, please adds these to your application. Please note that VIB does not yet have a TOEFL Institutional code. If you take the TOEFL-test specifically to enter our PhD Program, please use the TOEFL codes of Ghent University, the K.U.Leuven, the University of Antwerp or the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- International candidates (non-Belgians) can apply for the educations.
How to Apply
- How to apply: The mode of applying is by post or email. Follow carefully the different steps during the preparation stage and final submission stage of your application. Use English in all the documents.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, learners must be ready to submit the scans of degrees and certificates, Collect recommendations.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program candidates should hold a university degree, or satisfy equivalent requirements, which is sufficient to start a doctoral program at a Flemish university.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Selected candidates for the VIB International PhD. The program will be fully funded with a yearly net salary of €25.000 and are expected to start in October 2017.
Application Deadline: Closed