The International Peace Research Association Foundation has launched the Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from countries in the Global South for the academic year 2023-2024.
The Dorothy Senesh Fellowship is only available to women from countries in the Global South who have completed a bachelor’s degree. The applicants must have been accepted into a graduate program and must focus their graduate work on issues related to the goals of the IPRA Foundation to be considered. Assessment will also be done on the basis of need. The fellowship is valued at $5,000 to cover school expenses.
This is a great opportunity for students to complete their education in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1990, the International Peace Research Association Foundation, a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, furthers the purposes and activities of the International Peace Research Association (IPRA), which since 1965, has sought to enhance peace processes. The mission of the IPRA Foundation is to advance the field of peace research through rigorous investigation into the causes of conflict and examination of alternatives to violence.
The IPRA Foundation promotes knowledge of non-violent peace strategies, inspires visions of a peaceful world, increases the number of peace scholars around the world, and encourages peace science and arts. The IPRA Foundation began as a depository of funds brought in by people with specific projects. The main task was to invest those funds safely in socially acceptable enterprises and pay them out as needed.
Application Deadline: Applications for this fellowship are due by 15th January 2023.
- University or Organization: IPRA Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Students from countries in the global south are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for a graduate programme.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be women from countries in the Global South.
- The applicants must have been admitted in the applied graduate programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can make their admission applications as per the procedure of their respective universities or colleges. Fellowship application form must be mailed to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Application (English, Spanish or French)
- Letter of Acceptance to your graduate program (may be pdf)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the university they wish to join.
- Language Requirement: The students must prove their English language proficiency by provided scores on tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, Duolingo, etc.
The candidates who will win the Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship offered by the IPRA Foundation will be awarded an amount of $5,000 per year for two years to cover school expenses.