Would you like to make your dream of studying in Canada a reality? Whether you’re working toward your degree full-time or part-time, GBC Scholarships help you along the way.
George Brown College’s Awards program provides financial support for international students to succeed in their academic endeavours. GBC awards are available for those students who display financial need and have a 2.5 GPA to study in Canada.
George Brown College Scholarship for International Students in Canada, 2023-24
Nice offer for worldwide students to study in Canada for a college degree with George Brown College Scholarship.
User Review( votes)
George Brown College was established in 1967 and offers more than 160 full-time programs in various subject disciplines. It is a public, fully accredited college of applied arts and technology with three campuses in downtown Toronto.
Why at George Brown College? GBC can help you make your career goals a reality with our innovative approach to learning and real-world work connections. Here students experience real-world learning through field education, applied research and other Work Integrated Learning opportunities.
- University or Organization: George Brown College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: full-time and part-time
- Award: Vary
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The award is available to full-time international students in any program. Offered by the GBC.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Full-Time: Students who are enrolled full-time take a minimum of 60 % of the prescribed courses for their program or 40% for students with a permanent disability.
- Part-Time: Students who are enrolled full-time take a minimum of 20-59 % of the prescribed courses for their program.
- Domestic Student – Ontario Resident: Students residing in the province of Ontario for more than 12 months and have valid Canadian citizenship or Permanent residency.
- International Student: Students residing in Canada for education do not have permanent residency status.
- Candidates must be international students.
- Students must display financial needs.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Students must overcome obstacles
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to apply for awards on STU-VIEW, visit the Student Awards Information Page. All students may check the status of their application on STU-VIEW.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants will be asked to submit supporting documents with applications online. Provide secondary and/ or post-secondary studies proof, transcripts, and A minimum academic English prerequisite of compulsory Grade 12U, C or OAC English or equivalent.
- Admission Requirements: The academic requirements for each program vary, so make sure you know what is required before applying.
- Language Requirement: For an international student, English proficiency, including admission requirements by country of origin, visit the international page: English language proficiency.
George Brown College is providing a range of awards, scholarships and bursaries for international students. The awards and scholarships are available to full-time and part-time students at GBC.
Award application deadlines as the following:
For the 2022-2023 Academic Year –
- Winter 2023 – opens on December 12, 2022, until January 29, 2023 (11:59 pm)
- Spring 2023 – opens on April 17, 2023, until May 28, 2023 (11:59 pm)
For the 2023-2024 Academic Year –
- Fall 2023 – Application opens on August 22, 2023, and closes on October 15, 2023
- Winter 2023 – Application opens on December 12, 2023, and closes on February 15, 2024
- Spring 2023 – Application opens on April 18, 2024, and closes on June 15, 2024