Support the cost of your graduate studies in the UK with the help of the Dr Heather Elgood International Scholarship offered by SOAS University of London for the academic year 2021-2022.
This is a well-designed programme for students from all around the world who wish to pursue their career with a Postgraduate Diploma in Asian Art degree. This Scholarship covers full tuition fees and an allowance to cover living costs during term time.
SOAS University of London was established in 1916 and is currently regarded as the world’s leading institution for Asian, African, and Middle Eastern studies. In the heart of London, England, it is a forward-thinking, modern, and multicultural institution.
Why study at SOAS University of London? The University of SOAS is an outstanding institution of higher learning. Every year, it welcomes outstanding and high-achieving students from all over the world, regardless of their culture, colour, or nationality, to study here.
Application Deadline: August 06, 2021
- University or Organization: SOAS University of London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Awards: Covers full tuition fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK and international students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate Diploma in Asian Art
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded an Upper Second-Class Honours Degree or above, an equivalent non-UK qualification, or equivalent professional experience. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged by their referees and transcript.
- Applicants must provide a personal statement stating why they wish to take this programme and how this application will make a difference to them.
- Applicants must explain their eligibility in a separate statement of financial need.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this opportunity, applicants have to take admission in the postgraduate taught at SOAS University of London. After that, students have to fill the online application form for the funding award.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following supporting documents:
- A personal statement
- A seperate statement of financial need
- Transcripts from your undergraduate degree (and any further degrees)
- Evidence of proficiency in English language (where applicable)
- A recently submitted piece of academic work at least 1000 words in length, or equivalent piece of writing from a professional context (i.e. auction or museum catalogue essay). If you have not recently submitted a piece of academic work please produce a new piece of writing on an art historical topic of your choosing at approximately 1000 words in length.
- A copy of the picture page of your passport
- Two references providing an opinion on your suitability for this programme of study. Academic references are preferred, but one professional reference is acceptable. Two professional references can be provided if you have been out of academia for more than five years.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to achieve academic merit and submit a 250-word statement.
- Language Requirement: For international students, English language proficiency must be evidenced and must meet IELTS level 6.5 overall and for all sub-scores (or equivalent).
SOAS University of London covers full tuition fees for the Postgraduate Diploma in Asian Art and an allowance to cover living costs during term time.