Applicants are invited for DST-CSIR Bursary to pursue Honours, Engineering(BTech), Masters or Ph.D. program. The bursary is available for South African students funded by the CSIR and the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
The aim of the bursary is to support South African students who want to pursue Honours/ 4th year Engineering/BTech, Masters or Ph.D. program.
A valuable offer for South African applicants to get a higher degree in South Africa with a study found.
User Review( votes)
The University of the Western Cape is a public university located in the Bellville suburb of Cape Town, South Africa. The University of the Western Cape has a history of creative struggle against oppression, discrimination, and disadvantage.
University or Organization: The University of the Western Cape
Course Level: Honours, Undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D. program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: South African applicants
The program can be taken in South Africa
Application Deadline: Closed
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The CSIR-DST Inter-Bursary Programme applications are restricted to those students whose degrees are aligned to the research areas and technology streams indicated below. Supervisor endorsement and motivation will be required with each bursary application.
- Preference will be given to applicants from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and people living with disabilities.
- Students are required to submit mid-year progress reports, which are to be signed by the supervisor. At the end of the academic year, students must submit an annual progress report (APR). An official template for the APR will be provided. The purpose is to ensure that stated objectives are met within the stipulated time frames.
- South African applicants are eligible to apply for the bursary.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- All successful applicants will be informed by email and are required to accept the allocated funds by signing an Award Letter. The funds will be processed by the CSIR. Details on the process to be followed to enable the transfer of funds will be communicated to the students once the signed Award Letter is received by the CSIR.
- Please complete the Application forms and send the completed (preferably .pdf format) document with any additional attachments by email to: HCD-INTERBURSARY-at-csir.co.za.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to submit mid-year progress reports.
Benefit: Bursary will cover the following:
- Honours -R60 000
- Masters- R90 000
- PhD- R120 000