The American Institute for Economic Research is now welcoming international students through E.C. Harwood Visiting Research Fellowships in the USA for the academic year 2021-2022.
AIER works intimately with scholars in the fields of history, political science, philosophy, economics, and law. The visiting scholars include professors, post-doctoral fellows, PhD students, and master’s students worldwide.
Nice chance for students in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The American Institute for Economic Research (AIER) is a free-market think tank established in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. Founded in 1933, it is one of the oldest and most respected independent economic research and advocacy associations in the USA.
Why choose AIER? AIER is devoted to advancing and supporting the ideas of pure freedom and individual governance by connecting advanced economic analysis with social media outreach and institutional programming to cultivate a better, more comprehensive understanding of the fundamental teachings that empower peace and prosperity worldwide.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2021
- University or Organization: American Institute for Economic Research
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Educational fund
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Research in economics, political science, philosophy, history, and law.
- Eligibility Criteria: To apply for the bursary, the candidates must meet all the following given criteria:
- Must hold a conditional or unconditional offer
- Must have a minimum qualification of above-average academic achievement.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply for the opportunity through an online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants must submit a copy of a valid ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a CV, and academic documents.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates have to meet the entry requirements of their respective institutes.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of English language proficiency through various exams.
IER provides visiting scholars with a $250/week living stipend. For fellowships lasting 10 weeks or more, participants living further than 300 miles from Great Barrington, MA also receive a $1000 travel stipend. Housing is provided in the AIER manor or cottages right on campus, close to the beautiful town of Great Barrington. Lunch is provided for AIER staff, fellows, and interns every workday. Many dinners are also provided.