The International Students Academic Merit award is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
The aim of the Academic Merit award is to attract the best and most motivated people to the USA.
User Review( votes)
East Tennessee State University determines credit awards for its courses and programs based on the professional judgment of its faculty in higher education and in alignment with its mission.
International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting documents required by the university.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing graduate or undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are provided for any course offered by East Tennessee State University.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Award: The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The Award can only be used for study at ETSU.
The award can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must
- Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for the opportunity . Students may apply for the opportunity before being admitted to ETSU; however, a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the application can be reviewed. ( undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the opportunity as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75-grade point average in order to continue receiving the program. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelors to a master’s degree program must reapply for the opportunity .
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this application programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. Students may apply for the opportunity before being admitted to ETSU; however, a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the application can be reviewed. (Undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions).
Test Requirement: ETSU requires official ACT/SAT scores from international freshman applicants under the age of 21 who graduated from a US high school. ETSU does not require ACT/SAT scores for admission purposes from international freshmen applicants who successfully complete secondary education in countries other than the U.S.
English Language Requirement: International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting one of the following:
- TOEFL: 500 Paper-based (PBT), 173 Computer-based (CBT), 61 Internet-based (iBT)
- IELTS – International English Testing System: Score of 5.5
How to Apply: Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the opportunity . Once an admissions application is submitted, the student may then apply for the opportunity . A student’s application will be reviewed once the student is admitted to the university. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
For this application students must have applied for admission to ETSU.