To promote the economic and social development of Africa, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa is establishing the ECA Fellowship Programme for Young African Professionals for the academic year 2023-2024.
The fellowship program is open to participation from African professional below the age of 35 that have attained an advanced degree in economics, development studies, political economy, international affairs, political and social sciences, or similar fields of study. Language proficiency in English or French with academic and work experience in a related field is also necessary. The winning fellows will secure a grant of USD 3,000 and other added benefits.
Nice opportunity for African students.
User Review( votes)
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization founded on 24th October 1945 with the purpose to maintain international peace and security. The organization also develop friendly relations among nations, achieves international cooperation, and is a center for harmonizing the actions of nations. It is headquartered in New York.
The United Nations consists of 193 Member States which were originally 51 Member States and has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. The UN remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
Application Deadline: The application call will end on January 26, 2023.
- University or Organization: United Nations
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: USD 3,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Africa
- Eligible Countries: African candidates can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Individuals can apply for the research fellowship offered by the UN’s Economic Commission for Africa.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have academic research experience or academic work related to the thematic focus areas.
- The applicants must be a candidate must be a national of a Member State of the Economic Commission for Africa.
- The applicants must be 35 years of age or below at the time of the application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates interested to apply for this scholarship must submit the below-listed documents to [email protected].All eligible candidates will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- UN Administrative Profile
- Research proposal
- Copies of all advanced-level academic degrees
- Copy of applicant’s national passport
- Three letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or doctorate or their equivalents) in economics, development studies, political economy, international affairs, political and social sciences, peace and human security, public administration, law, minerals and natural resources, engineering, and related field.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have fluency in either English or French language is required
The selected fellows will be awarded the following benefits by the United Nations for a period of 6 months:
- A return air ticket between his/her country of residence and the assigned duty station
- A one-off settling-in grant of USD 3,000, to receive which they must submit the following:
- A peer-reviewed fellowship research paper
- A comprehensive fellowship report, an approved final performance evaluation of the fellow
- A completed fellowship programme evaluation form
- An exit boarding pass or immigration stamp showing that the fellow has departed the duty station and returned back to his/her home country, where both are not the same, at the end of the fellowship programme