East China Normal University has set up a ‘Chinese Government Scholarship – ECNU Independent Enrollment’ to encourage excellent overseas students to pursue their Master’s and PhD degrees. The scholarship program has been organized for the academic year 2023-2024 in China.
ECNU offers this scholarship to exclusive international students who want to undertake a Master’s and PhD study in China. The award is exempt from tuition fees and accommodation on campus. Also provide stipend: PhD 3500 RMB/month or Master’s 3000RMB/month.
ECNU Independent Enrollment - Chinese Government Scholarship in China
A wonderful option to fund education in China.
User Review( votes)
Established in Shanghai in October 1951, East China Normal University (ECNU) is one of the most prestigious institutes in China. This institute is a coalition of the Great China University and Kwang Hua University and is presently rated 371st in Best Global Universities.
Why study at East China Normal University? ECNU is one of the most prestigious institutes in China. Sticking to the university motto of “Seek truth, foster creativity, and live up to the name of a teacher,” It has created great achievements in talent training, scientific research, society benefit, and global exchanges. ECNU connects great importance to internationalization and the highest importance to teacher training.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2023
- University or Organization: East China Normal University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master and PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Master’s and PhD any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants who apply for the master’s program should have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years old.
- Applicants who apply for the doctoral program should have a master’s degree and be under 40 years old.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in here and apply for the Master’s and PhD programs at the East China Normal University. After that, complete the Scholarship application on the CSC website.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official Academic transcript
- Bachelor/Master degree certificate
- Official proof with official institution letterhead
- Two Recommendation Letters
- A Study and Research Plan
- Photocopy of Passport
- Award certificates
- Admission Requirements: The students must meet the university entry requirements for a Master’s and PhD degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants for master’s and Ph.D. degrees without adequate Chinese proficiency should take Chinese language courses for one to two academic years to reach the language requirements of their host universities.
- CGS can sponsor this period of Chinese language study. Reach the required language proficiency to avoid the automatic termination of the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients of the English-taught programs or those with adequate Chinese language proficiency can skip Chinese language courses.
The East China Normal University will provide an exemption from tuition fees and accommodation on campus.
- Stipend: Ph.D. 3500 RMB/month; Master 3000RMB/month.
- Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend. Those who register after the 15th month will receive a half stipend.
- Graduating students will receive a stipend for half a month after graduation. If a registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leave.