The studentships are designed to support postgraduate students of outstanding research promise undertaking a higher degree by research at ECU. Students of any nationality can apply for these endowments.
Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman.
Fab choice for international students to get an education in Australia.
User Review( votes)
University or Organization: Edith Cowan University
Course Level: Pursue a higher degree by research at ECU
Award: $28,420 per annum
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Students of any nationality
The program can be taken in Australia
Application Deadline: October 25, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Students around the world can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements:
- applications are limited to two previous unsuccessful applications unless a case is made for significant changes to circumstances.
- Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course of study. Master by Research students and Doctor of Philosophy Integrated students must be enrolled before the census, while Doctor of Philosophy students may commence any time during the year in which The grant is offered. Applicants unable to commence by census due to prior commitments may be granted permission to commence at a later date (see Commencement). Where a course offer is conditional, an applicant is normally not eligible for scholarship consideration until the required conditions have been met;
- Must not be receiving income from another source to support general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75% of the RTP stipend rate;
- Must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees;
- Must be enrolled as a full-time and on-campus student upon commencement of scholarship or, in exceptional circumstances, may apply for and be granted approval for a part-time award in line with criteria in Part-Time Scholarship Holders;
- Must not hold a research doctorate degree or equivalent if they are seeking a research scholarship to undertake a research doctorate. This condition may be relaxed at the discretion of a School for applicants of school-funded scholarships only
- Must not hold a research doctorate or equivalent, or hold a Master by Research or equivalent when they are seeking a research scholarship to undertake a Master by Research
- Must not previously have held an APA, HDRS, APA (Industry) or an Australian Government funded Postgraduate Research Award (excluding an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship), unless it was terminated within six months of the commencement of benefits. This condition may be relaxed at the University’s discretion; and
- May not concurrently be receiving an ECU school-funded scholarship or other major scholarship, but could receive a stipend supplement.
- Additional Eligibility Criteria for International Students: In addition to the above eligibility criteria, International students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of any country other than Australia or New Zealand at the commencement of the Higher Degree by Research (HDR);
- Must meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Home Affairs including the requirement to purchase and maintain an Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health http://www.health.gov.au/;
- Must not have held an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) or an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the HDRS;
- Must not be receiving a funding for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution;
- Must meet all University admission requirements, including English proficiency, and be made an unconditional offer of a place in a higher degree by research (either a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Master by Research) before a scholarship can be considered/offered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates.
- Language Requirements:
- IELTS: An overall band score of 6.5, with no individual band less than 6
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 573, including Test of Written English of 5.0 or better
- TOEFL Ibt: Minimum score of 84, with no individual score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): PTE Academic 64, with no score less than 58 for postgraduate standard entry courses
University of Cambridge [Cambridge English: Advanced]-Pre-2015: A score between 58 to 66 with no less than ‘Borderline’ in any element of the test. Post-2015: An overall score of 176, with no individual band less than 169
- The award includes a stipend of $28,420 per annum to be paid fortnightly via electronic funds transfer and tuition fee sponsorship.
- Other benefits include a relocation allowance (where applicable) and Overseas Students Health Cover (where applicable).
- The duration of the support will vary depending on the duration of the course, up to two years for a Master by research and up to 3 years for a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Integrated Ph.D.