The University of Edinburgh is eagerly awaiting applications from outstanding students for its School of Physics PhD Scholarships in Experiments of Topologically Active Polymers. The scholarship is open for UK and EU students.
The funding programme encourages motivated students who want to undertake PhD degree coursework in the school of physics. The programme is open for the academic session 2021/2022.
Established in 1582, the University of Edinburgh is one of Scotland’s ancient universities that provide various undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs for international students.
Why study at the University of Edinburgh? The university offers candidates with skills and knowledge to plan for their future career and successfully transition from student into professional. At this university, students will have a range of ways to study, from on-campus taught programmes to online part-time study.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
- Department: School of Physics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Stipend of £15,285
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: UK and EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in polymer and soft matter physics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold a 2.1 Hons degree or above, or equivalent, in physics, chemistry, or a related discipline.
- A Master’s degree in one of the above fields would be advantageous. Since the project includes a mix of numerical and experimental research on soft matter and DNA biophysics, a background in either simulations or experiments and the willingness to learn the other are strongly recommended.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To order to apply for the scholarships, applicants must take admission in a PhD degree programme at the University of Edinburgh. After being registered, candidates will be automatically considered for this education award.
- Supporting Documents: Must upload a CV, cover letter, and contact details of two referees.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The scholarship programme will be funded by an ERC grant, fees will be covered and a tax-free stipend of £15,285 will be paid for 42 months.