Are you an international student and want to study abroad? You will be pleased to know that Edith Cowan University is offering Merit International Scholarships in Australia for eligible candidates.
Scholarships are open for international students who can demonstrate a high level of academic performance and want to study the undergraduate coursework program.
A valuable offer for international students to get a 20% Tuition fees off for undergraduate study in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman.
Why study at Edith Cowan University? The university offers candidates an opportunity for growth, achievement, and reward to ultimately help them to reach their potential. It provides varied pathways for career advancement and professional development.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through July 27, 2022
- University or Organization: Edith Cowan University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: 20% of Tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Award: Not Given
- Nationality: International
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for international students.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Scholarships are awarded to study the undergraduate degree program in any subjects offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the scholarship applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be an international student who receives an offer, or a conditional offer, to study a course at ECU in 2022.
- ECU strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. High achieving students from Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Madagascar, Malawi, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen and Zambia are eligible for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship;
- Applicants are able to package with ELICOS;
- Open to prospective international students (not current students, excluding those receiving the Welcome to ECU online Scholarship); and
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting up to 20% reduction off their tuition fees for the duration of their ECU course
- To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- study onshore at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley or ECU South West (Bunbury) Campus (some components of your course may be delivered online due to travel restrictions);
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- between 26 May 2021 and 31 July 2022, be issued an offer to study an undergraduate degree;
- meet ECU’s higher entry requirements (review secondary school results in the country you completed your secondary study) and commence study in the course during the 2022 intake; and
- study an undergraduate degree (excluding Bachelor of Science (Nursing) C33; Bachelor of Science (Nursing)/Bachelor of Science (Midwifery) (Y76) and Bachelor of Science (Paramedical) K89); Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies) Y42; Bachelor of Education (Primary) Y41; Bachelor of Education (Secondary) Y68).
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for the scholarship, applicants must have to take admission in undergraduate coursework program at the university through the ECU online application portal. After taking admission candidates will automatically consider for the scholarship by their admissions office. There is no separate scholarship application is required.
- Supporting Documents: The applicant must have to submit a 300-word research abstract and a 2-page research proposal, information about their work, academic history and qualifications, references from any publications or conference papers.
- Admission Requirements: For admission in the undergraduate degree program, applicants must have completed a certificate IV, diploma or advanced diploma at a recognized education provider.
- Language Requirement: Students must have a high level of English competency to study at the university.
The scholarship will provide a reduction of 20% in your tuition fees for the duration of your course in the ECU.