Applications are invited for Edith Cowan University Merit International Scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year. Scholarships are open to for students who can demonstrate a high level of academic performance in prior studies and a high level of English competency.
Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
- Application Deadline: July 30, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate degree or postgraduate coursework degree.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship offers a 10% reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- Meet a high level of academic achievement in your previous studies (as determined by ECU);
- Be commencing study at ECU in 2019 or 2020;
- Meet ECU’s academic direct admission requirements for the course of your choice;
- Not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- Be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- Intend to study an undergraduate degree or a study abroad semester at the undergraduate level; and
- Intend to study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
- English Language Requirements: Students must have a high level of English competency.
How to Apply: If we approve your ECU course application you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
Please note that if you’re a citizen of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh or Nigeria you must apply though an ECU Authorised Agent.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer;
- have met the admission requirements for your chosen course;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover requested in your Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines for completing any requirements in the Letter of Offer.
The scholarship can be revoked if the dates and deadlines are not met.