The Ecole Francaised’Extreme-Orient is very pleased to introduce its Field Grants to students who dream of pursuing their further studies in Asia in EFEO centres. The grants will be awarded for the academic year 2023-2024.
The field grants are established for students from Asia who want to undertake postgraduate studies in the field of humanities or social sciences relating to the civilizations of the Indianized or Sinicized countries of Asia. The grant award will consist of up to 1360 Euros of living allowance for a maximum of 6 months.
Nice offer for international students
User Review( votes)
Ecole Francaised’Extreme-Orient, also known as EFEO, located on the peaceful rue Dumas, is a prestigious French research institute dedicated to the study of Indian culture, history and society in general. It was founded in 1900 in Saigon and presently has been ranked in France, Europe continent and the world at large in various categories.
Why choose the Ecole Francaised’Extreme-Orient? The organisation is a public institution that reports to the Ministry of Higher Education and Research. It is the only French establishment entirely dedicated to Asian studies and holds a mission conducting of interdisciplinary research on Asian civilizations, from India to Japan.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
- University or Organization: Ecole Francaised’Extreme-Orient
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master or Doctoral
- Award: Living expenses
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Asia
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from Asia can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply to undertake research in the humanities or social sciences relating to the civilizations of the Indianized or Sinized countries of Asia at the Ecole Francaised’Extreme-Orient.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have knowledge of languages relevant to the planned field research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students who want to apply are required to submit an application form. All eligible candidates will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of motivation
- One-to-five-page research project
- Curriculum with proof of titles held
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of an identity document
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold Master II Research, doctoral students, or holders of any other equivalent recognized diploma.
- Language Requirement: The students must be proficient in French, English, or any necessary Asian language.
The winning candidates will be awarded the following benefits by the Ecole Francaised’Extreme-Orient:
- Flat-rate allowance for compensation for living expenses on the ground.
- The monthly amount of scholarships varies from 700 euros to 1360 euros depending on the candidate’s level (Master II, doctoral student) and the country of stay.
- The duration varies from 1 to 6 months, depending on the research program.