The Danish Diabetes and Endocrine Academy (DDEA) is inviting young research talents in diabetes and endocrinology to apply for its International PhD Scholarships with Co-funding from Life Science Industry for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarships will be awarded to two researchers undertaking research in diabetes, metabolism, or endocrinology at DDEA. The scholarship award amount consists of an annual salary of 550,000 DKK for a period of 3 years. The applicants must have a master’s degree or equivalent, strong English skills, and partial support form a life science company to be considered.
Worthy offer to study in Denmark.
User Review( votes)
The Danish Diabetes and Endocrine Academy (DDEA), established in 2012, is an organization with a mission to educate and train the next generation of researchers in diabetes and endocrinology. The organization was established with a 5-year grant from the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
The Danish Diabetes and Endocrine Academy (DDEA) supports, develops, and strengthens Danish diabetes and endocrine research and aims to also support the ability of talented young researchers. The organisation helps these early-career research talents to perform high-quality research and enhances their professionalism through education, networking, and collaborations.
Application Deadline: No application received after 23:59 CET, 7th February 2023 will be accepted.
- University or Organization: Danish Diabetes and Endocrine Academy (DDEA)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 550,000 DKK
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Home and international.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD study in any research field within diabetes, metabolism or endocrinology at DDEA.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants are required to submit their application in the English language.
- The applicants must have a co-supervisor from a private life sciences company affiliated with the project.
- The applicants must have a principal supervisor associated with a Danish university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates interested to apply for this scholarship are required to log in to the online portal of DDEA to submit an application. All eligible applicants will be considered for the scholarship automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Title page
- Abstract in English
- Lay abstract in Danish
- Project description
- Motivation letter
- Detailed timeline for the course of study
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Recommendation letter
- CVs of both the principal supervisor and the co-supervisor
- Copy of your Master’s degree certificate
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Master’s degree or its international equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have high-level skills in the English language, oral and written both.
The candidates selected by the Danish Diabetes and Endocrine Academy (DDEA) will be employed with a salary of 550,000 DKK over a period of 3 years.