The American University in Cairo is inviting applicants for Egyptian Refining Company (ERC) Public School Scholarship. Applicants from Egypt can apply for this scholarship.
The aim of the scholarship is to support tuition for one undergraduate student from a public school in Matareya, Khosos or Shark Shubra El Kheima ( Mostorod).
A fine program for Egyptian students.
User Review( votes)
AUC is an anchor and a magnet. As the cultural and intellectual hub of Cairo, the University attracts the brightest minds from all over the world. AUC is devoted to preparing its students to be global citizens, addressing the challenges facing the region and the world.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship can be taken in Egypt
Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- Apply for admission at AUC before the assigned deadline for the fall and spring semesters. For deadline and other details, click here
- Students with thanawiya amma certificates from public schools in Matareya, Khosos and Shark Shubra El Kheima (Mostorod)
- Egyptian students
- Demonstrated financial need for the scholarship
- An active member in school activities or in the local community
- A minimum score of 94 per cent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 90 per cent in the non-science division
- Students must pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 6 and a writing score of 6 or a TOEFL iBT score of 76 and 20 for writing
- Adequate communication skills
- Commitment to public service
- Potential for further leadership development
Nationality: Applicants from Egypt can apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Application Requirements
- Program application
- Financial application
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A letter from the school’s administration identifying the type of school (i.e., governmental, private or experimental)
- The official copy of third preparatory, first secondary and second secondary high-school certificates
- An official copy of the thanawiya amma certificates upon announcement of the grades
- Proof of extracurricular activities ( i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score
- Entrance Requirement: A minimum score of 97.50 per cent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 95 per cent in the non-science division.
- English Language Requirement: A minimum score of 90 percent in English language test.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020