Applications are now open for Up to 35 Scholarships for young science journalists and communicators at Erice International School of Science Journalism (Eissjc) in Italy. The studentships are available for EU and Foreign students.
Dissemination of scientific culture is recognized to be an ever-growing necessity in modern, knowledge-based societies, for general public and decision makers alike. As journalists play a key role in promoting and strengthening a sound dialogue between scientists and society, the School provides every year to a group of young journalists, gathered in the medieval town of Erice (Sicily), an overview of the most recent achievements in a given scientific theme or research field, alongside an analysis of the communication challenges they present.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: January 13, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for young science journalists and communicators.
- Study Subject: The 2019 edition’s theme is Big Projects for Science and Knowledge. It is a 5 days course with lectures and laboratories held by international scientists, and experts in communications and journalism. The school is taking place from April 6th to April 11th in Erice, in Sicily (Italy).
- Scholarship Award: The School provides:
- 30 fellowships for participants applying from a European country, which cover school fee, meals, accommodation in Erice (double shared room) and travel expenses to/from Erice (no taxi included);
- 5 fellowships for participants applying from a non-European country, which cover the school fee, meals and accommodation in Erice (double shared room), travel expenses are excluded.
Please note: the travel expenses will only be covered for the arrival on April 6th and the departure on April 11th, 2019.
- Nationality: The studentships are available for EU and Foreign students.
- Number of Scholarships: 35 opportunities are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The studentships are available for EU and Foreign students.
Entrance Requirements: The fellowships are aimed at:
Young Science Journalists
At least three years of professional experience working/freelancing for general or popular science media.
At least three years of professional experience working in a scientific organization, science museum or science centre or as a freelancer in a position of press officer, curator, editor of (web) publications, organizer of outreach activities or similar.
Students enrolled in a master course/PhD in science journalism or science communications, or who have completed a master’s degree in science journalism or science communication in the previous two years.
The maximum age for participation in the school is 40 years.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to send their CV (max 1 page) and a motivation letter (max 1 page), in English, to:
Mrs. Rita Bertelli