Australian PhD students in the life sciences are eligible to apply for one of 10 travel grants of $2000 to attend the 21th EMBL PhD Symposium in Heidelberg, Germany, from 28 to 30 November 2019.
A symposium is an annual event, organized by first-year PhD students, that brings together fellow students from around the world for a three-day series of talks by leading experts and by students themselves. These Travel Grants help cover travel expenses.
Good Opportunity for international students.
User Review( votes)
EMBL Australia is passionate about supporting young scientists through their training and into a research career.
- University or Organization: The Australian Government
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD Program
- Award: $2000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Given
- Nationality: International
- Program can be taken in Germany
- Application Deadline: Open in June
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Grants are open to all scholars.
- Study Subject: The Travel Grants are open to students in almost any field – biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, informatics, engineering and molecular medicine.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Travel Grants are open to students in almost any field – biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, informatics, engineering and molecular medicine – who are currently enrolled in a PhD program at an Australian university and have not yet submitted a thesis. Applications will be reviewed and ranked solely on the basis of qualification and scientific potential by the EMBL Australia Travel Grant selection committee.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must complete this form and ensure a short letter of support is sent by their supervisor to [email protected] by the deadline.
- Benefit:10 PhD Travel Grants are awarded $2000 to attend the 20th EMBL PhD Symposium.
CLICK HERE for more scholarships in Germany!