The University of Waikato in New Zealand is inviting applications for this First-in-Family scholarship to support full-time students studying at the undergraduate level at the University of Waikato. Applicants will primarily be enrolling in coursework, rather than research papers.
This First-in-Family award is for students who are the first members of their immediate family/whanau to attend university and who are intending to enrol full-time in the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato Tauranga Campus.
User Review( votes)
The University of Waikato is committed to delivering a world-class education and research portfolio, providing a full and dynamic university experience, distinctive in character, and pursuing strong international lin ks to advance knowledge.
- Application deadline: 15 October 2018
- Course Level: This First-in-Family award is available to pursue the undergraduate program.
- Study Subject: This First-in-Family award is awarded in all disciplines of academic study.
- Award: The First-in-Family support will have a value of $1,000, and is expected to defray course-related costs. The support will be paid directly to the recipient in two equal sums after the withdrawal period for each semester has passed. Payment of the second instalment is conditional on the recipient achieving a B average in A Semester papers and their continued enrolment in an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato in Tauranga.
- Nationality: This First-in-Family award is awarded to the citizen of and resident in New Zealand.
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: The grant is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible applicants must be:
- a) be the first member of their immediate family to attend university’
- b) Neither of the applicant’s birth parents nor a full or half-sibling.
- c) Be intending to enrol full-time (a full-time academic year comprises 120-points) in the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato in Tauranga.
- d) Be accepted into their program of study; 2.1.4. be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- e) The grant is open to New Zealand
Application Procedure: The closing date for applications is 15 October.
- Along with the completed application form, each applicant must submit A personal statement of no more than two A4 pages (on the prescribed form) that outlines the following.
- A statement describing what it means to the applicant and/or their family to Tauranga Campus First-in Family Scholarship – 2019 is the first-in-family at the university.
- Future aspirations and motivation to succeed at University and why the course of study will enhance their lifetime opportunities; 4.2.2. A verified copy of your NCEA School Results Summary or Secondary School equivalent. 4.2.3. A character reference. The character reference may not be an immediate member of the family.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
CLICK HERE for more scholarships in New Zealand!