The Government of Canada offers Emerging Leaders in Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023. ELAP awards are open for the applicants of Caribbean and North/South/Central America.
The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships provide students from post-secondary institutions located in Latin America and the Caribbean with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions, at the college, undergraduate, and graduate levels.
Wonderful Scholarships in Canada.
User Review( vote)
In 2009, the Government of Canada announced the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) to support the development of human capital and the next generation of leaders in the Americas while strengthening the linkages between post-secondary institutions in Canada and Latin America Caribbean.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is March 22, 2022
- Eligible Countries: Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries:
- These are available for study or research at the college, undergraduate, and graduate levels.
- These are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by Universities.
- Caribbean: Anguilla, Antigua, and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad, and Tobago, Turks, and Caicos;
- Central America: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama;
- North America: Mexico; or
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The Canadian institution must apply on behalf of the candidate(s) by submitting the online application form and uploading all supporting documents prior to the deadline. A single person should be responsible for the administration of the program.
If institutions experience difficulty filling out or submitting the form, they should send an email to admin-scholarships-bourses-at-cbie.ca.
Canadian institutions must:
- Complete an online application for each candidate.
- Institutions that do not have an account first need to Register an account.
- Under the “For Non-Canadians” section, scroll down to the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program and click on Apply Now.
- Enter data in the fields marked mandatory, following instructions for each item, or copy and paste it from another source. Note that:
- the name of the candidate must be exactly the same as it is on their passport; and
- the official name of the candidate’s home institution must be provided in their national language
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be uploaded and attached to the online application form in one of the following formats: .pdf, .jpg, .doc, .docx, .txt or .gif. Each document must be smaller than 5 MB in order for the application to upload successfully.
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of full-time enrolment
- Letter of intent from the candidate
- Letter of support from the home institution
- Letter of invitation from the Canadian supervisor
- A signed copy of the Memorandum of Understanding or Agreement with the partner institution
- Privacy Notice Statement
- Admission Requirements:
- who have obtained Canadian citizenship or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible
- already participating in an exchange program funded by the Government of Canada are not eligible
- already enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian university or college are not eligible and
- must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country and pay any tuition fees regulated by that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The award value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The award value for students is:
- CAD 8,200 for college, undergraduate, or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- CAD 11,100 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research.