The University of Ghana is now accepting applicants for PhD Fellowship Programme. The fellowship is open for Ghanaian applicants funded by Andrew Mellon Foundation of New York.
The purpose of the project is to enhance the University of Ghana’s capacity and post-graduate training in the Humanities.
User Review( votes)
The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948, for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the following fields:
- Languages (including English, Linguistics, French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Russian);
- Arts (including Philosophy and Classics, Archaeology and Heritage Studies, the Study of Religions and History);
- Performing Arts (including Dance, Music and Theatre Arts);
- African Studies
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- The funding is subject to approval by the Board of Trustees of the Andrew Mellon Foundation
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Ghana
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Hold an MPhil Degree in any of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
- Have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate commitment to pursue an academic career
Nationality: Ghanaian applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have MPhil degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post or email.
- A Completed Application Form. Forms can be downloaded using this link
- An offer of admission from the Graduate School, University of Ghana, to pursue a PhD Degree.
- An applicant without an offer of admission from the University of Ghana can still apply; however, the award will be disbursed only when the awardee has received admission the University of Ghana.
- An updated CV
- Names and contact details of three referees.
- Certified copies of First Degree and MPhil certificates.
- PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope and methodology.
- A work plan and a budget attached as separate sheets
- Email: ENCAPEH-UG-at-ug.edu.gh
Application Deadline: Closed