The University of Strathclyde is offering a Number of Awards for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate research, postgraduate taught programme. These opportunities are open to self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying students with excellent academic qualifications.
The University of Strathclyde is a Scottish public research university located in Glasgow, United Kingdom. Founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute, it is Glasgow’s second-oldest university, with the university receiving its royal charter in 1964 as the UK’s first technological university. It takes its name from the historic Kingdom of Strathclyde.
Nice offer for international students to win an award for study in the UK.
User Review( vote)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate research, postgraduate taught programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Faculty of Engineering.List of Subjects: Architecture, Electronic and electrical engineering, Civil and environmental engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Design manufacture and engineering management, Mechanical and aerospace engineering, Chemical and process engineering, Naval architecture, ocean and marine engineering.
Undergraduate: Undergraduate applicants will receive a scholarship of up to £4,000 (depending on tuition fees) towards tuition fees for the first year of their undergraduate course. Eligible students will receive a further £1,500 funding for each subsequent year of study.
- Postgraduate Taught: Postgraduate Taught MSc applicants will receive up to £3,150 towards course tuition fees.
- Postgraduate Research: A Number of Awards of up to £4,000 towards course tuition fees for the first year of a full-time PhD are available. Eligible postgraduate research students will receive a further £1,500 funding for each subsequent year of study.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: If you’re applying for an undergraduate course or a postgraduate research degree, you’ll receive up to £4,000 for your first year of study and an additional £1,500 for each subsequent year. Postgraduate Taught students will receive up to £3,000 towards their tuition fees. The grant is available for application to all self-funded, new international (non-EU) fee paying students holding an offer of study for the University of Strathclyde.
- You must start your full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme at Strathclyde in the coming academic year (2020-21), unless starting on the MSc in Civil Engineering with Industrial Placement which has a January 2020 start. Postgraduate research students can start at any time throughout the year.
- Undergraduate: They look for an average of 75% + (or equivalent) in your high school grades to be considered.
- Postgraduate Taught: You’ll need a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree to be considered.
- English Language Requirements: University accepts a number of English language tests as proof of proficiency in English. Applicants require IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no individual band less than 5.5).
How to Apply: Please complete the Faculty of Engineering Excellence application form and submit your completed application by email or by post: