The University of Strathclyde is offering a Number of Awards for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate research, postgraduate taught programme. These opportunities are open to self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying students with excellent academic qualifications.
The University of Strathclyde is a Scottish public research university located in Glasgow, United Kingdom. Founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute, it is Glasgow’s second-oldest university, with the university receiving its royal charter in 1964 as the UK’s first technological university. It takes its name from the historic Kingdom of Strathclyde.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: August 11, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate research, postgraduate taught programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Faculty of Engineering.List of Subjects: Architecture, Electronic and electrical engineering, Civil and environmental engineering, Biomedical engineering, Design manufacture and engineering management, Mechanical and aerospace engineering, Chemical and process engineering, Naval architecture, ocean and marine engineering.
Undergraduate applicants will receive a scholarship of up to £4,000 (depending on tuition fees) towards tuition fees for the first year of their undergraduate course. Eligible students will receive a further £1,500 funding for each subsequent year of study.
Postgraduate Taught MSc applicants will receive up to £3,000 towards course tuition fees.
A Number of Awards of up to £4,000 towards course tuition fees for the first year of a full-time PhD are available. Eligible postgraduate research students will receive a further £1,500 funding for each subsequent year of study.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: If you’re applying for an undergraduate course or a postgraduate research degree, you’ll receive up to £4,000 for your first year of study and an additional £1,500 for each subsequent year.Postgraduate Taught students will receive up to £3,000 towards their tuition fees.
The grant is available for application to all self-funded, new international (non-EU) fee paying students holding an offer of study for the University of Strathclyde.
You must start your full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme at Strathclyde in the coming academic year (2019-20), unless starting on the MSc in Civil Engineering with Industrial Placement which has a January 2019 start. Postgraduate research students can start at any time throughout the year.
We look for an average of 75% + (or equivalent) in your high school grades to be considered.
You’ll need a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree to be considered.
Important things to note
- The application process is now open. Completed application forms should be submitted as early as possible
- You can only apply for a scholarship once you’ve applied for a place on a full-time course through the University of Strathclyde’s admission process and have been offered either a conditional or unconditional place
- The Faculty of Engineering Excellence award is only eligible for new self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying students enrolling on a full-time course. Please note that students who receive sponsorship from a government office or embassy are not eligible to apply for this application
- Students are only eligible for one scholarship per academic year.
- Students who do not meet any of the required criteria in this announcement will automatically not be considered
- English Language Requirements: University accepts a number of English language tests as proof of proficiency in English. Applicants require IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no individual band less than 5.5).
How to Apply: Please complete the Faculty of Engineering Excellence application form and submit your completed application by email or by post: