The University of Leeds is offering a free online course on Managing for Innovation. The course is ideal for anyone with an active interest or role in innovation management who wishes to improve their knowledge on the subject.
This CPD course will prepare you to lead innovation initiatives by identifying the key challenges to innovation. The course will start on January 27, 2020.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: Managing for Innovation
Institution: University of Leeds and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on January 27, 2020
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
About This Course
Sometimes innovation happens more by accident than design. This is because many organisations don’t know that to make innovation happen on an ongoing and consistent basis, the innovation process must be systematically managed.
This CPD course will prepare you to lead innovation initiatives by identifying the key challenges to innovation. It offers you practical insights on how to drive innovation effectively within either an established organisation or a growing venture.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
In this course you will:
- Understand why organisations need to establish an innovation process and manage innovation systematically.
- Learn the key challenges in implementing innovation and develop analytical skills to strategically identify them.
- Identify managerial approaches to organise innovation processes.
- Examine the types of innovation strategies and innovation dynamics an organisation should focus on.
- Explore the key supporting capabilities to generate successful innovative ideas such as open innovation and design thinking.
- Understand how to manage intellectual property in order to get the most from the innovation you develop.
- Identify what successful innovators do differently through case studies and examples of innovation from the global technology company IBM and other industries.
- To successfully manage innovation, you need to put the right enablers in place; you can use innovation to drive significant value in your core businesses of today for what plan to do tomorrow.
The course is ideal for anyone with an active interest or role in innovation management who wishes to improve their knowledge on the subject. It is aimed at employees and managers at profit and non-profit organisations of different sizes, ages and sectors. Junior academic researchers from the fields of science and engineering, as well as managers from public/governmental organisations, may also be interested in the course. The course is designed to be flexible so you can study at a time convenient to you.
Assistant Professor of Strategy and Innovation
Matt is an expert in the area of open innovation and open strategy
He is Professor of Strategy and Innovation at the Leeds University Business School.
He is an Executive Architect at IBM and a RAEng Visiting Professor in Innovation at the University of Leeds.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).