The Douglas College is offering two categories of entrance scholarships for Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters. The studentships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Douglas College is one of the largest public colleges in British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 1970, the college serves some 14,000 credit students, 9,000 continuing education students and 1,400 international students each year.
Nice opportunity for international students.
User Review( vote)
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Award: Douglas College offers nearly $100,000 in entrance scholarships.
- Regional Entrance Awards: $500 or $1000
- Douglas International Merit-Based Scholarships: $2500 (13 available)
The award can be taken in Canada
Regional Entrance Awards:
- Available to students from CIS countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia.
- To be eligible, students must have applied to Douglas College by the official semester application deadline listed below.
- The sponsorship will be applied towards the recipient’s 2nd-semester tuition fees at Douglas College.
Douglas International Merit-Based Scholarships:
- To be considered, students must have already applied to Douglas College.
- Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and their engagement in their school, community and/or personal development.
- Students from all countries are eligible for these endowments.
- Successful recipients will be notified of their award prior to arrival at Douglas College. The sponsorship will be applied towards the recipient’s 2nd-semester tuition fees at Douglas College.
Nationality: International students can apply for these endowments.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: Successful recipients typically have an above-average GPA (80% or higher) and strong English language proficiency test scores (i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent).
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply:
- Regional Entrance Awards: No separate application necessary. Students will automatically be assessed upon application to Douglas College and will be notified of this award when we send an offer of admission.
- Douglas International Merit-Based Scholarships: Separate application required. Applicants must complete the entrance funding form (PDF) by the below deadline and email along with all supporting documents to dciadmissions-at-douglascollege.ca To be considered, students must have already applied to Douglas College.
- Summer (May): January 31
- Fall (September): May 31
- Winter (January): September 30