The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and United Kingdom Research and Innovation (UKRI) are invited applicants for its Innovation Fellowships. The fellowships are available for international researchers.
The funding is to support fellows whose research can help to achieve the aims of the Industrial Strategy and will lead to either short or long-term economic benefit for the UK.
Nice offer to all international students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) is a British Research Council that provides government funding for grants to undertake research and postgraduate degrees in engineering and the physical sciences (including mathematics, artificial intelligence and computer science), mainly to universities in the United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: January 17, 2020
- University: The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: All nationalities
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for the fellowship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in Robotics and artificial intelligence systems, High Productivity Services through Specialised Artificial Intelligence, Development and manufacture of batteries for the electrification of vehicles, Digital manufacturing, Quantum technologies, Cheap and clean energy technologies, Integrated and sustainable cities – including low-energy buildings, New approaches to data science.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- This call is aimed at innovative individuals in the early stages of their research career either in academia or industry, including but not limited to: experienced postdoctoral researchers, those with a junior academic post or researchers currently in the industry who would wish to transition to academia. We would not typically expect applicants to qualify as an early career researcher if they hold a senior position.
- Applicants are expected to hold a PhD by the start date of the fellowship or have equivalent experience. There are no eligibility rules based on years of postdoctoral experience or whether the applicant holds a permanent academic position.
- Consideration will be given to applicants who have taken a non-standard career path after their primary degree. Proposals are also welcomed from candidates who wish to re-establish themselves after a career break or other period of absence from active research.
- There are no nationality restrictions imposed by EPSRC although the fellowship should be held at an eligible UK Higher Education Institution or eligible UK Independent Research Organisation. An intention of this program is to attract global talent to the UK, so proposals from non-UK nationals are encouraged.
How to Apply:
- How to Apply: You should prepare and submit your proposal using the Research Councils’ Joint electronic Submission (Je-S) System. Thereafter you should apply through the Online Application.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a PhD degree.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Fellowships will cover the following:
Up to £38.9 million is available for this call. EPSRC expects to fund 65-85 Fellows. Additional funding of up to £1.6 million from AHRC, a minimum of £1 million from BBSRC and up to £0.4 million from ESRC will be available for research at specified interfaces.