Applications are invited for Erasmus Mundus scholarships available to applicants from all nationalities. These opportunities are awarded for 18-months MSc Programme in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology at the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia (IUSS), the University of Patras.
The MEEES programme is an Erasmus Mundus Masters Course, that aims to provide higher-level education in the field of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing MSc programmes at the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia (IUSS), the University of Patras, the University of Grenoble 1 “Joseph Fourier” and the Middle East Technical University.
- Study Subject(s): The studentships are awarded in the field of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology.
- Number of Awards: Not known.
- The award can be taken in Italy, Greece, France and Turkey
- This is available to third-country applicants. In order to qualify as a third-country national, applicants must:
- Not be a national from any of the EU Member States: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, the UK, Sweden, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online.
- In order to complete the application form, the applicant must upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae e studiorum.
- Copy of the diploma certificate (in Italian or English).
- Transcript of the attended courses and professional qualifications (in Italian or English).
- Copy of the passport or the identity card.
- English language test certificate (or waiver referring to previous courses, work experience in English speaking countries, etc…).
- Entrance Requirement: The minimum requirement in order to apply for the MEEES programme is a University Degree, preferably in Civil Engineering, that will enable the applicant to be admitted to a PhD programme in the country where the degree was obtained. Past professional experience will be valued.
- English Language Requirement: With regards to English proficiency, applicants are asked to submit any documents that attest that they possess an adequate command of the English language. Such documents may consist of:
- A score of at least 88 (internet-based exam), 230 (computer-based exam), 570 (paper-based exam) in the TOEFL test.
- A score of 6 or more obtained with IELTS.
- A degree obtained in an English speaking environment.
- Other test scores that may be regarded as equivalent to those listed above.
For enrolment at METU Ankara, a minimum score of 6.5 (IETLS) or 79 (TOEFL) is mandatory.
Application Deadline: Closed