The European Space Agency (ESA) is seeking applicants for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Programme for brilliant students in France. Nationals of the ESA Member States and the European Cooperating States are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
ESA’s postdoctoral Internal Research Fellowship program (RIRF) aims to offer young scientists and engineers the possibility for two years to carry out research in a variety of disciplines related to space science, space applications or space technology.
Amazing opportunity for candidates.
User Review( votes)
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world.
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral research program.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in a variety of disciplines related to space science, space applications or space technology.
- Award: Contracts are for two years. ESA will provide: as of January 2017, the remuneration (or ‘take-home pay’) for a single expatriate Research Fellow will range from €3,000 to €3,800 per month depending on the location of the ESA Establishment.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Paris, France
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Applications are accepted from nationals of the ESA Members States and the European Cooperating States, together with Slovenia as an Associated Member State and Canada as a Cooperating State.
- Nationals of the ESA Member States and the European Cooperating States are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via the ESA online application form available in the ‘how to apply’ section of the opportunity. A cover letter, CV, and list of publications, with bibliographical references, should accompany the application, in one document (Word or PDF format). Each of the three referees named in the application form should send a reference letter to temp.htr-at-esa.int. No application sent after the closing date will be accepted.
- Contact your professor on existing NPI cooperations to accommodate your PhD project
- Alternatively, contact our ESA NPI advisors Joerg Wehner (Space Segment related initiatives, [email protected]) and Reinhold Bertrand (Ground Segment related initiatives Reinhold.Bertrand-at-esa.int)
- Together with your professor and the respective ESA department, complete the online application form
- Submit your application to our ESA NPI advisors
Application Deadline: August 20, 2019